Ready made pie crust (the kind that needs to be unwrapped at room temperature, not the pre-formed crust in a pan)
4 Bosc pears ( slice into ¼ inch slices )
2 Tblsp Casa Giulia Pear Williams Jam
1 Tsp Agave nectar ( or honey will also work )
1 Tblsp hot water
2/3 cup sugar
1 Tblsp corn starch
¼ Tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 Tsp nutmeg
You will need parchment paper.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place store-bought pie crust on parchment paper on cookie tray. Stretch a little to create an almost circular shape.
- Put Casa Giulia Pear Williams jam, agave nectar, and hot water into a cup and stir.
- Spread 2/3 of this mixture onto the pie crust.
- Place pear slices, sugar, corn starch, ground cinnamon and nutmeg into large bowl. Gently stir mixture to coat all pears.
- Position pears on pie crust.
- Use remaining mixture (jam, nectar, water) to spread on the pears.
- Fold ends of crust over pear mixture. They should not cover everything.
- Coat crust with remaining Casa Giulia Pear Williams mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees, then reduce to 375 degrees & bake for 30 minutes until crust is golden brown.
- Serve warm with a scoop of your favorite ice cream.
Buon Appetito !