- Dice 2 lbs cooked steak (ok to use leftovers from last nite’s dinner).
- Remove stems from 50-60 large white mushrooms, then chop into small pieces.
- Spray mushroom caps w/ butter spray.
- Finely dice 5 cloves garlic.
- In a heated frying pan add 3 Tblsp EVOO.
- Saute mushrooms stems until soft.
- Add chopped garlic.
- Add diced meat.
- Add 1/2 tsp sea salt.
- Add 1/2 tsp pepper.
- Add 1/4 cup Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Cook about 5 mintues.
- Stuff mushrooms.
- Bake 15-18 minutes.
- Sprinkle w/ parmigiano reggiano shredded cheese & serve w/ Cabernet Sauvignon or any other wine you like.
This can be frozen for a couple months, but why save this delicious appetizer or main dish? Enjoy!
Options: add finely chopped Formato Brothers Eggplant Salad or Formato Brothers Muffuletta Olive Salad for a unique tasting dish.
2 cups Antica Italia Superfino Arborio Rice
4 large mushrooms (any type will work fine); slice into 1/8 inch slices
4 cups vegetable broth
1 cup white table wine (anything that you would drink)
3 cloves of garlic (chopped into small pieces)
1/2 red onion (chopped into small pieces)
4 Tblsp of Antica Italia Olive Oil with Basil (or evoo)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Heat vegetable broth until almost boiling in medium sized pot. Add mushrooms and simmer.
Put olive oil in a 9 inch skillet and heat.
Add garlic and reduce flame to medium low.
Add mushrooms from broth pot.
Add rice and stir. Be sure to cover all rice with oil.
Raise flame to medium.
Add wine and wait for rice to absorb all the liquid.
Add 1 ladle of broth and let rice absorb all the liquid. Continue until all of the broth has been added.
After adding last ladle of broth, cover skillet and reduce flame to low. Keep on low for 15 minutes and turn heat off.
Let skillet remain on stove for another 20 minutes. Lift cover and add Parmesan cheese.
Serve and enjoy!! Buon Appetito!!