4 green peppers
1 medium white onion
1 clove garlic
1 cup Vigo Italian herb breadcrumbs
1 sprig parsley
1/4 lb Pecorino cheese
5 Tblsp extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
6 Tblsp parsley
2 cups vegetable oil for frying
1 tin Roland Anchovies
- Chop the onion into julienne slices. Saute with 3 Tblsp chopped parsley in 5 Tblsp EVOO. Remove from heat & add breadcrumbs to absorb the oil
- Cool, then add 3 Tblsp parsley & chopped anchovies. If too dry, add a little water to make the mixture more pliable.
- Cut the top off of the green peppers, remove the seeds & membrans. Fill to the top with the mixture.
- Dip the open end of the filled pepper into the beaten egg & then into the breadcrumb mixture.
- Dip the open end of the pepper into the frying oil until a golden crust has formed.
- Lower the heat & continue to fry the pepper on all all sides until cooked. Multi Bene! Buon Appetito!