Thank you to Albert Vetere Lannon in Picture Rocks, Arizona for this delicious recipe & picture!
Arrange several handfuls of Southern Heat Sweet BBQ Potato Chips* on a microwaveable plate. With spoon and finger drizzle and spread 2 to 3 spoonfuls (depending on desired heat) of Formato Brothers Hot Pepper Spread over the chips. Drop a layer of Italian shredded cheese (Asiago, Provolone, Parmesan, Mozzarella) on top and microwave on high one minute. Serve with plenty of napkins and eat with your fingers for lunch or snacks. Yumalicious!
*Ok to use any of your favorite BBQ Potato Chips for this recipe.
1/2 bottle Formato Brothers Mild Pepper Spread, drained
1 generous Tbsp Formato Brothers Hot Pepper Spread, drained
1 medium tomato, diced
1/4 lb Buffalo Mozzarella cheese, diced
That’s it! 4 ingredients….you can make this quickly,,,try it!
Spread EVOO on cut up bread pieces (1 1/2″ square), then toast in the oven for about 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
Mix first 4 ingredients & spread on toasted bread pieces. REturn to oven for about 10 minutes more until cheese has melted.
Here’s another exciting & very tasty recipe for spicy meatballs.
4 lb 80/20 ground beef
2 lb pork sausage
3/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
2 tsp salt
2 tsp pepper
2 tsp dired basil
2 tsp dried oregano
5 cloves garlic, peeled & chopped
2 tsp Formato Brothers Hot Pepper Spread (drain excess oil)
5 oz goat cheese for stuffing into meatballs once they are thoroughly mixed
Mix all ingredients together. Use your hands….it’s therapeutic. : )
Roll about 2 Tblsp into palm of hand, with your thumb press down to create a space to accommodate 1/2 tsp of goat cheese. Use a small measuring spoon to be consistent.
Place on a rack on a baking sheet in a preheated 350 degree oven. Bake for 25 minutes until brown.
Or….fry in canola or vegetable oil at 360 degrees turning over after a minute or so until brown. Then place on a metal rack to drain off excess oil.
One of the great things I love about living so close to my family & friends is that I get to see them almost every weekend. It’s so great to plan our special weekends, which always include delicious Italian food. However, every now & then at lunchtime I get that unexpected knock at the door with a group of people behind it asking, “What’cha cooking for lunch?”
No problem…I got this. “Come on in!” Lucky for me, my kitchen is stocked with the essentials: a loaf of Italian bread on the counter, ricotta cheese in the fridge, & a few jars of Casa Giulia Orange Jam & Formato Brothers Hot Pepper Spread in the pantry.
First step is to get some app’s out right away. I decide to make some Casa Giulia Orange Bruschetta:
- Slice the loaf of bread in to one inch slices, lightly butter, grill on your indoor or outdoor grill, approx 2 minutes on each side.
- Take the bread off the grill & then spread approx 1 Tablespoon of ricotta cheese (any kind is fine, I prefer Part Skim) on each slice.
- Top each slice with 1 Tablespoon of Casa Giulia Orange Jam, garnish with a basil leaf, serve to your guests!
Meanwhile, I happened to be cooking some chicken breasts on the grill before my unexpected guests arrived. Perfect! All I needed to do is whip up a nice sweet & spicy dipping sauce for my grilled chicken.
- On the stove, in a small saucepan, warm 2 Tablespoons (not drained) of Formato Brothers Hot Pepper Spread on medium heat.
- Add an entire jar of Casa Guilia Orange Jam to the saucepan.
- Add 1 Tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice & salt to taste, if desired.
- Stir for 5 minutes until all ingredients are mixed.
- Serve as a dipping sauce for the chicken.
It doesn’t matter if you’re planning a special get-together or if you have unexpected guests arrive on a Saturday afternoon, as long as your kitchen is stocked with Casa Giulia Orange Jam & Formato Brothers Hot Pepper Spread, you’ll be able to accommodate anyone!
10 baby eggplant
2 tblsp extra virgin olive oil
1 bottle marinara sauce 25 oz.
1 cup bread crumbs
1 cup grated Parmesan
3 tblsp Formato Brothers Hot Pepper Spread (drain excess oil)
- Wash and dry eggplant. Cut off both ends. Slice 5 slits in each baby eggplant. Do not cut completely through the eggplant.
- Pour evoo onto each cut.
- Place in aluminum foil pan and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Let cool.
- Mix breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese together.
- Place mixture between each cut of eggplant.
- Place several tblsp of sauce on bottom of 8 inch aluminum foil pan or oven proof serving dish.
- Place stuffed eggplant in each pan.
- Sprinkle Hot Pepper Spread on top of each eggplant.
- Sprinkle some additional Parmesan cheese on top of eggplant ( to taste).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 300 degrees.
If you’re like me, the summer months are a time for celebrating special events & spending quality time with family and friends. I can remember grilling outside with my family as a young girl, and now that I’m a mom, it’s my responsibility to keep the tradition alive.
For my grilling choice, I like to make Formato Brothers Spicy Turkey Burgers (unfortunately, I don’t have the same metabolism as I did as a young girl). If you prefer to use regular hamburger meat, go ahead!
Here’s what I use:
1 beaten egg
1 Tbslp Formato Brothers Hot Pepper Spread (oil included; feel free to up the amount to 2 Tblsp if you’re feeling extra spicy)
2 Tblsp Italian breadcrumbs
1 Tblsp minced garlic
2 Tblsp Parmesan cheese
1 lb ground turkey breast
Mix all ingredients and form into 4 patties. Grill on medium heat for about 4 minutes on each side until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
Place on a bun or your favorite bread roll and add all the topping you choose.
Make your summer a Spicy Summer … one that your family will remember for years to come.
— Andrea Formato Castner
2 eggs, steak, mozzarella cheese chopped,
Formato Brothers Hot Pepper Spread, chopped red & green peppers,