1. Heat frying pan.
2. Add 1 Tblsp Antica Italia EVOO.
3. Add 2 cloves chopped garlic.
4.Add salt and pepper to taste (Carl used 1/4 tsp each).
5. Add 2 Tblsp water.
6.Add 1 Tblsp Formato Brothers Hot Pepper Spread (drain first).
7.Cover & steam for awhile.
1 pkg Pillsbury Grands Home Style
2 boneless chicken breast (without skin), cut up pieces, not cooked
1 Tsp EVOO
1 large onion
1 red pepper, chopped into 1/4″ pieces
1 Tsp Formato Brothers Hot Pepper Spread (of, if you dare, add as much as you like)
1 Tsp salt
1 Tsp pepper
1 Tblsp garlic powder
1 Tsp oregano
1 box Green Giant Broccoli & Cheese Sauce
- Use 1/2 pkg of Grands & form into a ball of dough. Roll to create a square shape & place in glass 9″ square baking dish. Form up the sides about 1/2″. It is not necessary to grease the pan.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake bottom for 12-15 minutes until slightly browned.
- Select a large frying pan for the following steps. Wet the pan w/ EVOO.
- Saute the following: cut-up onion, red peper, Formato Brothers Hot Pepper Spread, salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano.
- Add to chicken pieces. Cook until slightly tender.
- Scoop chicken mixture atop pre-baked bottom pie crust.
- Bake for 15 minuts.
- While this mixture is baking, cook the Pillsbury Broccoli Cheese mixture in microwave, as per package instructions.
- Add it to the top of the prebaked mixture.
- Sprinkle a little of the Formato Brothers Hot Pepper Spread (or to your taste) on top of the chicken mixture.
- Use 1/2 pkg of Home Style Grands & form into another ball of dough. Roll dough to create another square shape & place atop the mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Wait 15 minutes for flavors to blend a little more. Then serve this very colorful & enticing dish with a crisp salad for a flavorful & healthy meal. Buon Appetito!