2 Tsp salt
2 Tblsp sugar
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
1 packet fast rising yeast
1 cup warm water
2/3 cup Formato Brothers Hot Pepper Spread (Drain most f the oil from the mixture. It should be relatively dry.)
2/3 cup of shredded Asiago or Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place flour in stainless bowl. Make a well & place salt, sugar, oil in well. Break egg into a small bowl, whisk it slightly. Pour egg into other liquids. Place yeast into liquids & put a small quantity of warm water into liquid. Make sure that all of yeast is covered. Wait 20 minutes for yeast to begin “bubbling.” Once yeast has begun to work, mix in remaining water, bringing all of the contents together.
- Knead the flour mixture for about 15 minutes using the palms of both hands.
- Shape into a rectangular loaf. Place the dough into a rectangular glass bowl & cover with a slightly damp towel for 3 hours to allow the bread to rise.
- Once bread has risen, take it out of the bowl place it on a slightly floured bread board. Hit the bread mixutre once with both hands to get all of the air out of the mixture.
- Roll the bread mixture out into a rectangular pattern. Spread the Formato Brothers Hot Pepper Spread onto the dough.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Carefully form the dough into a roll shape. Place into a bread pan. Cover pan with dry towel for one hour to let bread set. Remove towel.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until brown. Yield: 1 medium sized loaf or 4 small loaves. The small loaves can be used for bruschetta or appetizers. Can be frozen.