1 1/2 lbs ground beef (extra lean works well)
5 Tblsp pine nuts
1/4 Tsp cinnamon
4 Tblsp Antica Italia Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Trim artichoke tops & remove tough outer leaves.
- Saute artichokes in 4 Tblsp EVOO.
- In same oil saute gound beef, add choppd onion, pine nuts, cinnamon, a pinch of salt.
- Fill each artichoke with a Tblsp of the meat mixture.
- Place artichokes in an oiled baking pan & fill pan with enough water to cover the artichokes about half way.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Buon Appetito!
We served this for a holiday get together recently. It was well received & so flavorful with the Formato Brothers Eggplant Salad!
Excellent presentation for your next Italian themed party. It looks appealing & tastes wonderful.
Mix the following together. Cover & refrigerate. Can be made up to 2 days before serving.
- Formato Brothers Hot Giardiniera (drain some of the oil)
- Formato Brothers Eggpland Salad (drain some of the liquid)
- Pitted medium or large black olives (drain liquid)
- Artichoke hearts (do not drain)
- Green Salad Olives
- Red Cherry Peppers (drain liquid)
- Paesana Baby Pepperoncini (optional)
- Dried salami & mozzarella cheese (optional)